Source: Taste of Home
|Active dry yeast||1 package / ¼ oz / 7 g|
|Warm Water||2¼ cups (110–115℉ / 43–46℃)|
|Canola oil||2 tablespoons|
|Bread flour||6¼–6¾ cups|
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and ½ teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface.
- Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour.
- Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8–10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1½ to 2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Bake at 375℉ until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200℉, 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.