Source: 101 Cookbooks
|Dry chickpeas||1¼ cups|
|Salt||1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon|
|Lemon Juice||3 tablespoons (~1 lemon)|
|Garlic Cloves||5 (~2 teaspoons Costco garlic)|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Ice Water||At least 5 tablespoons (~½ cup)|
- Place the dry chickpeas into the instant pot with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover with ~1 inch of water. Cook on high pressure for 1 hour and let the pressure naturally release.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, place the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and remaining salt in a food processor and let sit without processing for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the tahini to the food processor and combine to a thick paste
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water and combine
- Continue adding ice water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is saucy rather than pasty
- Once the chickpeas have cooked and the pressure has been released, drain them and add them to the food processor
- Combine (stopping to scrape the sides as necessary) for at least 4―5 minutes. During this process add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time if the hummus is too thick. Continue processing until the hummus is perfectly smooth or you get bored. Taste test as you’re going to see if you need to adjust any ingredients.